There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at Kingfisher Bay Resort, however due to the latest government announcement restricting non-essential travel, we are currently reviewing our arrival procedures for all upcoming bookings to safeguard the health and safety of our guests.
We have implemented the following procedures across our business:
- Intensified Cleaning & Sanitation: In addition to the hygiene protocols in place across our business, our team are using D4 Sanitiser designed for use against viral pathogens and hospital grade disinfectant for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and service areas.
- Modified Business Operations: We have adopted current industry best practice to restrict contact of items between guests, supply sanitisers in all areas, adapt handling and service protocols.
- Training & Response Plan: Our business has a comprehensive plan in place for all COVID-19 scenarios in accordance with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and current national policy, with comprehensive team training and guest education procedures in place.
- NEW Flexible Terms & Conditions: We have updated our cancellation policies for all stays at the resort before 30th June, and this change will automatically allow more flexibility for your wedding guest direct bookings.
Please note that we have also made specific updates to our food & beverage protocols for group catering that your wedding sales manager will discuss with you personally as it relates to your venue selection and menu configurations.
All guest services are operating daily as normal, including our iconic 4WD island tours, remote western cruises, sunset cruises, fine dining experiences, and ranger-guided experiences.
Kingfisher Bay Resort business operations include the ferry and mainland reception, so your guests will enjoy the same standards & protocols throughout their experience.
TERMS & CONDITIONS UPDATES
To put your mind at ease for planning your special day, we have updated some of our booking terms & conditions to allow more flexibility within your current contract and rescheduling options.
Your wedding sales manager will be in touch to advise you of your options and reassure you of all existing arrangements.
Contact our Bianca Bear on 0427 797 344 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED TRAVEL POLICY
Please do not plan to travel to Fraser Island within 14 days of arriving from overseas, being diagnosed with Coronavirus, feeling unwell, or having been in close contact with a diagnosed case of Coronavirus.
We invite you to extend these recommendations to your wedding guests, and we understand that there may be some uncertainty and last-minute cancellations.
If any of your guests (or a resort guest not related to your party) becomes ill or tests positive for COVID-19 during your stay at the resort or on your wedding dates, we have best-practice procedures in place to ensure that your wedding proceeds.
We will discuss this in detail with you further on an individual basis prior to arrival.
SEALINK TRAVEL GROUP POLICY UPDATES
As part of the SeaLink Travel Group network of businesses across Australia, Kingfisher Bay Resort has adopted the following corporate policies across our business operations.
We have two primary commitments to you:
- Connecting people, sharing experiences and creating brilliant memories
- Ensuring the health and safety of all our customers and employees at all times.
Is it safe to travel in Australia?
At this point, there has been no ban on travel within Australia (excluding non-essential travel to remote Indigenous communities in the Northern Territory).
We are following the advice of the health authorities and the Federal and State governments when making decisions about our vessels, cruises, tours, accommodation and operations.
We will keep you informed of any changes that will impact your trip with us as soon as possible.
You should also keep up-to-date with the latest travel and health information from the Australian Government – visit www.health.gov.au or your state or territory government health department website for any additional controls.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further.
Our staff have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor and maintain these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard services (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk.
Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
In the unlikely event that a customer or staff member presents with symptoms, where possible we will supply them with a mask and follow the instructions and recommendations from the Australian Government Health Department. Click here for more information.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au.
What happens if SeaLink Travel Group cancels my booking?
If the tourism experience you have purchased has been cancelled, we will offer either a:
- travel credit to the value of 100% to be spent at a time convenient to you
- full refund in accordance with the cancellation policy
What if I want to change my travel dates to later?
If you have an existing booking and were scheduled to travel between 18 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 and you wish to change your travel dates, we will waive any amendment fees if you book your travel dates within 12 months of the original booked travel dates.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
If you are scheduled to travel between 18 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 and want to cancel your booking altogether, you can either choose:
- 100% travel credit to use at a time that suits you within 12 months of the original booking.
- A refund in accordance with the cancellation policy will apply.
You should also check with your travel insurance policy for any information regarding cancellations.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon to connect you with an experience that creates a brilliant lifelong memory.